Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Eating Healthy? Eh kind of!

Since the new year I have been trying to eat a little bit healthier. It's pretty hard for me since I'm such a food lover! I love trying new recipes and eating new things even if it involves 3 sticks of butter! But now that I am working out I figured I need to at least TRY and eat healthier, even if it only last a month or so! I will be posting some some what healthy meals. Whether you make them for lunch or dinner is totally up to you!

Chicken Spring Rolls

Ingredients:
Rice paper (you should find them in  your local grocery store if not try an asian market)
2 Chicken Breast
Lettuce
Any other veggies you want to put in the roll.

Thai Peanut Dipping Sauce
3 cups Mr Yoshida's original sauce
2 tbsp Peanut butter
hot chili (to taste)

Cook the chicken until its done. Cut into strips, set aside.
 Rinse and cut veggies. 
Take warm water and put it into a bowl. 
One at a time take rice paper and put into warm water, quickly take out and set into a plate. The rice paper will get sticky so try not to let it get folded. Put chicken and veggies onto the roll. Roll up and set aside. Repeat



Mix the Yoshida's sauce with the peanut butter. I heat up the sauce a little bit so the peanut butter doesn't clump. If you want it to have more of a peanut taste add some crushed peanuts or add less Yoshida's. If you want the spice add a spoonful of hot chili. 





No comments:

Post a Comment