Thursday, December 29, 2011

Coconutty dream bars

I absolutely love anything with coconut in it, so when I came across this recipe I knew I had to try it! Plus it only called for 6 things so I knew it would be quick to make. And honestly this would be the best recipe to throw together at the last minute for a get together. Or when someone calls and say's to bring dessert to a family party and your frantically trying to find something that's yummy, cheap and easy. I almost want to have all of the ingredients on hand just so I can make it on a random night I'm craving something sweet. It would also be amazing with a scoop of ice cream! Mmmh I'm literally drooling as I type this! Anyway, down below is this amazing recipe so I would suggest QUICKLY reading this then RUNNING to the grocery store to get these ingredients!

Coconutty Dream Bars

Ingredients:
20 Graham Crackers or 2 packages
 1 1/2 sticks of butter, melted
1/4 tsp salt (optional)
1 1/2 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
1 bag Sweetened Coconut Flakes
1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk


Preheat oven to 350 

Crush graham crackers into crumbs and mix into melted butter and salt. I would suggest that if you use salted butter to not use any salt. You could use a food processor or even put them into a ziplock and use a rolling pin to smash them.


Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray and press crumb mixture onto the bottom of the pan. 


Mix the coconut flakes and the chocolate chips in a bowl and then spread evenly onto the graham cracker crust.


Pour the sweetened condensed milk over the top of the coconut mixture and put in the oven for 30 minutes.

Take out and try not to eat the whole thing by yourself!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment