Sunday, December 25, 2011

Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars With Streusel Topping

For our Christmas Eve party I was assigned to make a dessert. At first I was thinking about making these really yummy twix that I have a recipe for (I will post it later!). But me being me I decided to try something new! Whenever I have to bring something to a party or a get together I always want to make something I've never made before! Not the smartest idea considering that the recipe may not turn out right. But so far they haven't! I've heard from several people that this Paula Deen recipe for Caramel Apple Cheesecake is to die for. So I decided it was something I would try. And I must say, everyone who tried it LOVED it! I was so proud of myself! I also made homemade whip cream with whipping cream and powdered sugar to go on top. I must say this is a long process and it has many steps but it is well worth it! And I would highly suggest prepping everything before you begin to bake that way you don't stress about hurrying to put it together once the step before is over.

Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars With Streusel Topping

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
  • 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
  • 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
  • 1/2 cup sugar, plus 2 tablespoons, divided
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 3 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and finely chopped
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • Streusel topping (recipe below)
  • Caramel Topping ( I used the caramel sunday syrup in the bottle, it makes it easier to drizzle.)
Streusel Topping:
1 cup firmly packed Brown Sugar
1 cup All Purpose Flour
1/2 cup Quick Oats
1/2 cup Butter(1 stick), softened

In a small bowl combine all ingredients until Crumbly, set aside.


Here we go!

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
In a medium bowl combine flour and brown sugar. Cut in butter until it is crumbly. I don't own a Pastry Blender so I used a potato masher and worked just fine! You could even use a fork or your hands!

Press evenly onto a 9x13 pan that has been well greased or lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Bake 15 minutes or until golden brown. I baked mine for about 20 minutes. It depends on how thick you layer the crust.

In a small bowl stir chopped apples, nutmeg, cinnamon and 2 tablespoons of sugar. Set aside.

In a large bowl beat cheesecake with 1/2 cup sugar with an electric mixer at medium speed until no longer lumpy. Slowly add one egg at a time, then vanilla.

Add Cheescake to warm crust, then top with apple mixture evenly. Add the streusel topping making sure the cheesecake is fully coated.

Bake for 30 minutes or until Cheesecake is set. Take caramel topping and drizzle it on the Cheesecake. 


No comments:

Post a Comment